I believe for this grading quarter I believe I deserve a 95-100% grade because I think I have gone above in beyond with in-class assignments, like the watercolor opposites and the watershed magazine. For example, for the watercolor opposites I did about 3 drafts and my improvements through the drafts is evident and I'm still working on my fourth draft, but only when time allows. With this semester long watershed magazine project I feel that I have taken the leadership role in my trio, I am making sure my group members are staying on task and are providing their portion of the group magazine.
1.. In what ways have you pushed yourself to improve in the course? (examples) Have you seen any benefit from this class and your others, or in other words do you feel like the courses influence one another?
- This year especially I have learned that the more drafts the better, because not only is there always room for improvement, but you can also see your improvement over time. When working on projects where each members has to bring an individual component, drafts always seem to be my best friend. Drafts really help when you try to envision the final product with all the components in your mind.
2. What is one area for growth that you see for yourself in the course? At school in general?
- One thing I would really want to work continuing on the year would be my collaboration skills. I'm a private person at heart so when I'm with group members I usually keep to myself and finish the work on my own, without group members input. I feel that if I embrace group collaboration my drafts and final products will turn out better because I'll have a fresh set of eyes to give ideas me for improvement.
3.. What specific plans/methods will you use to accomplish your goals for the class/school?
- When working on final products that require multiple drafts, I will try to first go to my group members for support then go to peers outside the group. I think the most valuable critique I may receive will be from people outside of my group because it will be a fresh set of eyes on my work.
4. What can I do to make the class better for you as a student/learner. (Be Kind, Specific, and Helpful)
- The classroom environment has a very chill, laid back feel. We can work on our tasks for the week and do as we please, if it's within reason. The only improvement I could offer is to have a more structured work time, I always seem to have a bit of trouble trying to round up group members when we have free open work time to work on big tasks. A bit more structure would help those students who minds wander or take advantage of your laid back teaching style and classroom environment.